- Born in a different country with citizenship or a permanent residency in the country, or with an endorsement as an overseas resident in passport of the Republic China from Taiwan
- Individuals must be in their 2nd year of high school or above which is equal to Year 2 in high school in native country ( included of the British education’s system (5 years) )
- Overseas Chinese residents must be under the age of 40 ( born after 1st of July, 1980)
- Female applicants with children are eligible for a two- year extension per child to the age of 45. (Kindly summit the necessary documentation)
- Must meet the health requirements of Taiwan and has a decent character with no unhealthy behaviors
- Ability to communicate and write in Mandarin
- Residents of Thailand who do not hold the nationality of Republic of China, must acquire the nationality of Thailand.
- Myanmar applicants who have obtained residency and permanent residency of Myanmar will be considered as citizens of Burma.( holders of valid identity cards such as niang, ei or pyu have the rights to register residency under the Myanmar Nationality Law and Regulations. )(Holders of FRC and other documents are not accepted due to these identities are not acceptable under the current Myanmar Nationality Law and Regulations) or passport of the Republic China from Taiwan with an endorsement as an overseas resident.
Tuition fee and Miscellaneous fee
Quadruple Room - NT$8,500 / NT$9,000 306 USD / 324 USD
Triple room - NT$8,500 306 USD
Double Room - NT$13,000 468 USD
Deposit - NT$550 20 USD
NT$9,000元 - 12,000元 / per month
323 USD - 431 USD / per month
▌Is it possible for 3rd grade student in secondary school to apply for this program?
This program is eligible for Year 2 high school students or above according to the requirements of OYVT program enrollment guidelines .Because 3rd grade students of secondary school has not yet meet the requirements .Hence, it is not possible for them to apply to this program. If there is a chance to continue the middle school education, you may apply for this program once you complete your studies of 2nd year in high school .
▌When is the application period of OYVT program ?
The enrollment application of this program is from July to September in every year. Applicants may apply it at the R.O.C Embassies and Missions abroad or the association with an authorization by the OCAC.
▌Do the dorm in Providence University comes with a Student kitchen?
There is no student kitchen available in Providence University.
▌Is it possible for graduate of this program to continue their studies as a bachelor or master in Providence University?
As stated in the OYVT program regulation of OCAC .This program is a vocational training course which means student of this program do not own the official student status in Providence University. Thus, in order to apply for the bachelor or master program in Providence University, applicants must obtain the qualifications of the University Entrance Committee of Overseas Chinese students. Moreover, OYVT program graduate need to start as a freshman in the Bachelor or Master program. However, students may apply for a credit waiver or grade skipping with the credits in the OYVT program based on the regulation of each department.
▌What is the OYVT program education system?
This program can be completed in 2 years ,with 4 semester. The 1st semester will begin on the beginning of March to the end of June . The summer break will occur during July to September. The 2nd semester will starts on the middle of September to the end of January. Afterwards will have a short winter break (approximately 3 weeks).The 3rd and 4th semester will be the same as above.
▌What should you do when you have not receive the official admission offer letter ?
Freshman who are facing this problem can make a contact to the school office via phone or email. The offer letter will be mail again once the school office has acknowledge this situation.
Email：firstname.lastname@example.org OYVT Service Line：04-26329840
▌What should you do if there is a mistake or changes of admission offer letter or personal information such as name, address, e-mail, etc.
Please make a contact to the school office. The person in charge will make a correction
▌What is the facilities available in the student dormitory ?Does the School office provides bedding pre purchase services?
Public Facilities : Study room, Television corner, Water dispenser, Shower room, Coin-operated washing machine and dryer, Clothes dehydrator, Laundry drying room, Mail room, Payphone, Vending machine, Elevator, and Information booth
Room facilities: Bedframe, Closet , Desk , Chair , Bookshelves, Desk lamp, Internet, IC Card-operated air conditioning
Emergency equipment: Fire extinguisher, Emergency lighting system, Emergency generator, Security cameras, Access control system, Fire alarm
Beddings will be prepared by the school office .Those who are in need may buy the beddings in school once you reached Taiwan.